Friday, February 10, 2012

Norsk Needlework, New Shetland pattern, "Bishop's Lace"

Bishop's lace in its glorious colors!
Here is the sweater I have been making for almost 1 year.
I got slowed down by tendinitis but after a hefty plan of
physical therapy I am cured and knitting/ embroidering like crazy.
This pattern includes 16 colors of Jamieson's Spindrift.
Beautiful colors like "Moorgrass", "Paprika", "Fern".
Don't panic at the #. You never use more than 2 in a row.
My charts are super clear and include the symbol plus
the colors. The instructions are extremely complete.
The motifs include the "Bishop Lace" Flower, (garden
variety of Queen Anne's Lace) and from my Norsk roots
the "Selbu Rose". Knitters of my mittens will be familiar
with this pattern. It looks very different dressed in all the colors!


Check out the yarn colors with the MOSS colors!!! even turquoise.

It goes with Ivy and Ferns too

Here is a closeup

Bishop's Lace well known in English gardens.
It has many little flowers off one stock just like my flower in the pattern.
The pattern will be available both on Ravelry and my website  http://norskneedlework.com
in a few more minutes.



1 comment:

  1. Hi again! The pattern came out very nice, and the colors are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete