Monday, January 13, 2014

Spinning guild in Redmond And my Summer Winter weaving


This is our chapter of NWRSA (Northwest Regional Spinning Association).
 We meet at noon on the 2nd Saturday of the month in Redmond Or.
Usually at Butterfly yarn shop but sometimes other places. Visitors are
welcome so let me know if you need more information. This is the nicest
bunch of ladies I have ever been with. As you can see they jump right in
to teach and help. That is my friend Michele's Symphony wheel.
There are some very skillful ladies in this group to help those new to spinning.



A small Russian bear that knits socks!!! I want one!!!!



A small visitor named Gabby Hayes
New front window display of Butterfly Yarn Shop

Hand dyed yarns, yarn holders and bowls

One of the walls of yarn
Rain that turned into a very little snow! I am waiting for more.
 Here are 2 pictures of my new weaving project on Gierdriful, my
Glimakra loom. These are Cotolin in a Summer Winter weaving pattern.
My other Weaving Guild, COSW (Central Oregon Spinners and Weavers
has a separate study group actually focusing on Summer Winter patterns
now. Just lucky for me this was "Up next". In this pattern where it is green
on the up  side it is blue underneath. I will take better pictures after it is off the
loom and washed.
Nothing looks right in weaving until it is finished (washed).
Once it is threaded the pattern is really easy and going well.
I am almost to the center of the first towel.
T

No comments:

Post a Comment